Wedding invitation gives your guests a preview of your big day plans, so it becomes crucial to make it stand out. Besides time and venue, the invitation card’s style reveals your wedding formality. Before you go shopping for stationery, it is wise to determine the kind of event you desire to throw like casual and relaxed or elegant and classic or rustic and traditional. It will help you select an invitation style, which reveals the same note.
You will also need to play with hues and motifs, shape and size, background and fonts. You can use all these throughout the other wedding stationery like menus, escort cards, etc. For cost effectiveness and efficiency, order the entire stationery package from a single place, at the same time to obtain good discounts.
Wedding stationery necessary to order
It is the core wedding stationery, which echoes your marriage tone. It does not matter, whether the theme is black dress or barn party. Several paper stationeries need to be included in the invitation.
- Outer envelops
- Unsealed inner envelope
- Reception card (if venue is different than ceremony)
- Response card (with self addressed and stamped envelope)
- Hotel information and printed map
Wide variety of papers and printing options are available. Some of the popular wedding invitation papers are given below.
Wedding invitation papers
- Cotton fibre – Gives clean and classic look
- Linen finish – Surface is lightly crosshatched and textured
- Recycled – Common option for eco-friendly or rustic fall wedding invitations. The paper is designed from repurposed material
- Glassline – Good option for envelopes, pouches or overlays because the paper is waxy and thin
- Vellum – Frosted paper layered on opaque paper sheet featuring decorative graphic or solid colour
Wedding invitation printing techniques
- Thermography – Clean and subtly raised effect
- Engraving – Creates raised letters and graphics
- Foil stamping – Metallic foil is hard-pressed on a paper to create luxe effect
- Letterpress – Graphics and texts are depressed into thick paper with a metal plate
- Digital – Flat printing style employing digital printer
Make sure to order your wedding cards 3 to 4 months before the date. It gives you a chance to proofread them and make correct any mistakes.
Response cards need to be mailed along with your invitation card with self addressed and stamped envelope. Wedding invitations need to be mailed 8 to 9 weeks in advance with the response card.
You get sufficient time to obtain final head count and finalize seating chart. Some guests may have not responded to the RSVP deadline then call them and request them to mail their response. Response card will give you information about the guests’ dietary concerns, which you can include in your mnu options.
It is a small card informing invitees to join newlyweds for celebratory reception. Reception cards are mailed with the invitation.
Everyone attending the wedding will like to know about the meal to be served. It is a rectangular shaped single card, which contains the information of food, wine and beverages.
The guests know where their sitting arrangement is. Each card is personalized and placed on the defined table.
Thank you cards
Have your wedding pic or monogram stencilled on the Thank You cards. These need to be mailed, after a month of your wedding. Even thank them for the gifts, you received on the big day.